10 August 2010

SoCal travels and ridiculous amounts of deliciousness Part 2


Day 8 or 9 of my southern California travels, we went to Hollywood, CA where the famous Pink's hotdog stand is located. This place offers a wide, (I mean, HUGE) list of hotdogs and toppings. The one that Em is pictured with is called the "Today Show Dog." It may look gross, but trust me, it's SO good. To call this place a landmark in LA would be an understatement. This small shack houses hundreds of photos of different and legendary celebrities who have visited Pink's. From Ellen, Rosie O'Donnell, Mariah Carey, to Usher, the list is endless. While Em and I were eating, I overheard someone mention that there was a celebrity in a black Escalade parked in front. (Still don't know who it was). Please, if you can, visit Pink's if you're ever in LA.

So we didn't always go out to eat while I was down there, we did make some of our dinners (and by some I mean, like two). Here are some pictures of our delicious pizza and tri-tip (Norton's steak from Costco), potatoes, and grilled asparagus: (Directions & Seasoning: fry up with olive oil and add lotsa GARLIC!) Just make sure you have some gum on hand after you eat.

Our first trip to LA landed us to a place called Bossa Nova's. This Brazilian-style restaurant is just off of Sunset boulevard. I've had their sandwiches, pizza, and a bite of the Gisele's Favorite, which should actually be called "Emily's Favorite," because it's the only dish she'll order there. It's a chicken dish, but whatever they do to it, it's just absolutely YUM-O. Since I am a newly pescaterian (sometimes), I ordered the smoked salmon pizza.
We then head over to an area by Em's neighborhood called Balboa Island. This cute little area houses gorgeous homes that have a river as part of their backyard. Here, people can canoe or just swim right out of their back door. This island also has these cute boutiques and "mom and pop" stores. One of the places we visited was Dad's Donut Shop which served frozen bananas and ice cream bars dipped in chocolate and whatever toppings you choose.


Oh, I saved the best for last, Coronado...*sigh* One day...one day...I WILL call this place home. Em and I had ice cream before dinner (again) at a place called Mootime Creamery. We did forget to take pictures of our delicious desserts, so instead, I'm providing you pictures of beautiful Coronado.


The End.
(San Diego Zoo)

No comments:

Post a Comment