22 May 2010

I do love a good homemade buttercream.

As all two of our readers know, I gave up gluten for Passover (just run with me here) and have done my best to continue since then.  I used to bake something about once per week, but now that I've given up conventional flour, baking is hard. We had an unsuccessful attempt at making homemade pasta--mostly because the gluten free flour I bought tasted positively terrible. I still had a couple cups left, so last night (Friday, yeah, I know) I tried out a recipe for sugar cookie bars from my current favorite food blog.


The flour, I am happy to say, was not as bad in the cookies as it was in the pasta. I took my chances by not adding xanthan gum (since...I don't have any), but everything turned out well. The generous helping of buttercream on top covers up any lingering weird flavors from the flour.


They're not beautiful, but they're the tastiest* gluten free cookie bars I've ever made!


*and only

:)

1 comment: